Extremely curvaceous female buttocks. Urban dictionary: When the immense, rounded muscle tissue of the rear creates a sound wave ripping through the local environment making a pressure wave against the ear drum in a pleasing Ba-dOnk-a-dOnk rhythm. Also: A womens derriere that has the shape of, and bounces like a basketball. The word is derived from the sound produced when you bounce a basketball. A case of the sound of one urban icon, naming another urban icon with similar propensities but that doesn't really make a sound.
to chunk, a verb for sound made by a big engine, as in thumping, chunking engines going.. (from the poem "engineers" by Jimmy Garthwaite, in "Noisy poems" by Jill Bennett)
stereotyped phrase (imitative origin, from the sound of dropping the matrix on the molten metal)
sound of galloping horse. More horse sounds
1. To make a succession of slight sharp snapping noises: a fire crackling in the wood stove.
2. To show liveliness, energy, or intensity: a book that crackles with humor.
3. To become covered with a network of fine cracks; craze.
1. To crush (paper, for example) with sharp snapping sounds.
2. To cause (china, for example) to become covered with a network of fine cracks.
in the media: Snap, Crackle, and Pop are the cartoon mascots of Kellogg's breakfast cereal Rice Krispies. They are named after the sound rice krispies make when they are dropped in a bowl of milk
name of chirping insect, grasshopper
(Sayornis phoebe) small passerine bird. This tyrant flycatcher breeds in eastern North America, although its normal range does not include the southeastern coastal USA. It is migratory, wintering in the southernmost USA and Central America. Voice: Song is two rough, whistled notes, "fee-bee" with the second note rasping or with a stuttered, more whistly second note "fee-b-be-bee." Call note a clear chip. about this bird
sound of snapping the fingers
1. laughter. not a boisterous laugh, but amused. 2. Also an exclamation used by the good guy jumping out of the bushes to suprise a villain
spasm of the respiratory organs accompanied by a resonant gasping noise. Also: hiccough
sound of a woodpecker rapping with its beak on a tree Lucy Cousins children's book
an abrupt, ringing sound, a bullet striking something, or a computer tone
game of table-tennis, imitative origin
sound such as that of an object dropping into water with not that much of a splash. "plop, plop, fizz, fizz" used to be the slogan in Alka Seltzer commercials for many years.
sound of rapping, knocking, or explosive. in the media: Snap, Crackle, and Pop are the cartoon mascots of Kellogg's breakfast cereal Rice Krispies. They are named after the sound rice krispies make when they are dropped in a bowl of milk. Find more explosions.
sharp rapping sound repeated, often a machine gun. also : rat-a-tat; bratat
sound of a person slipping on something, e.g. wet floor ("Garfield", Jim Davis)
1. to make a cracking sound, eg. snapping your fingers, or a camera making a photo (sound of the shutter). in the media: Snap, Crackle, and Pop are the cartoon mascots of Kellogg's breakfast cereal Rice Krispies. They are named after the sound rice krispies make when they are dropped in a bowl of milk 2. the "sound" of someone's pride being hurt. this is another example of "non-auditory onomatopoeia". other examples: bling bling, yoink and shiiin
to snort, to make harsh noises through nose and mouth while sleeping
1. to spit out or spray particles of saliva or food from the mouth in noisy bursts, 2. to spit out words or sounds in an excited or confused manner, 3. to make sporadic spitting or popping sounds
sound of chopping off branches of wood ("Sebgugugu the Glutton: A Bantu Tale from Rwanda", by Verna Aardema)
1. to strike or beat with or as if with something thick or heavy so as to cause a dull sound, as in a punch during a fight, or the sound of heavy footsteps 2. a verb for sound made by a big engine, as in thumping, chunking engines going.. (from the poem "engineers" by Jimmy Garthwaite, in "Noisy poems" by Jill Bennett)
sound of a woodpecker rapping with his beak on a tree Plays of Edmond Rostand: The Eaglet
to utter a succession of light chirping or tremulous sounds, chirrup
an infection of the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis (or B. pertussis). It's characterized by severe coughing spells that end in a "whooping" sound when the person breathes in
bird species name, the tallest North American bird, an endangered crane species named for its whooping sound and call
Sound of a police car in the United States. Police often use the siren intermittently. Also spelled whoop whoop. This onomatopoeia is used in the chorus of the 1993 hip hop track Sound of da Police by KRS-One. Hear a police car
the sound of a person or animal sleeping
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)