1. to utter or play loudly or harshly, 2. the natural cry of a sheep, goat or calf 3. to talk complainingly or in a whining tone of voice
(possibly of imitative origin) clown, may stem from allusion to puffing out cheeks as a comic gesture
bird vocalization (nonspecific)
donkey , also: hee haw (verb: to bray)
Eeyore is the name of the donkey from Winnie-the-Pooh. The name is onomatopoeia for the braying sound made by a donkey, typically written as hee haw in American English.
interjection used to express disbelief or exasperation. As in: Geez, stop shouting at me like that!. Alternative to saying Jesus! in order to be less offensive. Also: sheesh.
sound of wagon wheels ("Pedro and the padre", by Verna Aardema)
1. bray of a donkey, 2. loud coarse laugh
laughter. sometimes slightly naughty, e.g. when used after pulling a naughty prank. Also used with multiple hees: heeheehee!
interjection used to introduce a united cheer (cf. hip-hip-hurrah). in the meaning "trendy" or "informed", it may come from "hep" (african-american slang), of which the origin is not clear
short for raspberry tart, rhyming slang for fart: a sound of contempt made by protruding the tongue between the lips and expelling air forcibly to produce a vibration; broadly : an expression of disapproval or contempt. Also "rasp", "razz" or "Bronx cheer". As in "blowing a raspberry", "making a Bronx cheer". Ref: thesneeze , wikipedia.
interjection used to express disbelief or exasperation. As in: Sheesh, stop shouting at me like that!. Alternative to saying Jesus! in order to be less offensive. Also: geez.
sound of thin high heels or pumps. also: tap, tap, tap
laughter. giggle, mouth covered with hand, embarrassed and/or coy laugh
1. pig vocalization, also: oink, grunt 2. (human) exclamation expressing positive excitement.
to breathe with difficulty usually with a whistling sound
cheep, like a bird
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)