loud sound of collision followed by a confusion of lesser sounds
to move violently or suddenly. also lash
1. sudden burst of flame or light, 2. sudden rush of water
1. to move violently or suddenly. also: to dash, 2. to thrash or beat violently, as in "the rain lashed at the windowpanes". More rain sounds
hard_hit movement movement weather
sound such as that of an object dropping into water with not that much of a splash. "plop, plop, fizz, fizz" used to be the slogan in Alka Seltzer commercials for many years.
1. to spill or splash (a liquid) copiously or clumsily, 2. to agitate in a liquid (eg. slosh clothes in a solution of bleach and detergent), 3. to splash, wade, or flounder in water or another liquid
to dash water upon
to spatter (something), especially to soil with splashes of liquid
make a splashing sound, to make a certain noise or sound, to walk through mud or mire, to cause a liquid to spatter about. also: sploosh
1. to strike or press with crushing force; crush down; squash. 2. to put down, suppress, or silence, as with a crushing retort or argument. 3. to make a splashing sound. 4. to tread heavily in water, mud, wet shoes, etc., with such a sound.
to dash violently, make a noise of clashing swords
bird species (Catoptrophorus semipalmatus). a large sandpiper of the interior West (north america) and the ocean beaches, the willet is known by its piercing calls and bright black-and-white flashing wings. Call: a loud, ringing "pill-will-willet.". about this bird
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)