funky palm-muted riffs with wah pedal (sound effect), associated with pornographic movie soundtracks. often combined with playing "airguitar". see also: neow, jug, whockah
a fast rhythmic ballroom dance of Latin-American origin with a basic pattern of three steps and a shuffle. The name is derived from the rhythm of the guiro (scraper) and the shuffling of the dancers' feet
1. slight sharp sound, eg. camera making a photo. 2. nonvocal suction sound in some languages, 3. to talk noisily or rapidly. The sound made by dolphins is also called "clicking".
In the media: click it or ticket is the name and slogan of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration campaign aimed at increasing the use of seat belts among young people in the United States. Also: "clunk click, every trip (click the seatbelt on after clunking the car door closed; UK campaign) and: "click, clack, front and back" (click, clack of connecting the seatbelts; AU campaign)
sound of a coin put into a vending machine (from the graphic novel "Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth", ref)
1. to flap wings rapidly, 2. to float to and fro
1. gibberish is rapid, inarticulate, often foolish sounding speech, 2. according to this wikipedia entry, it is also a verb for the sound made by apes/monkeys (as in "dogs bark, monkeys gibber")
Sound of scraping and hammering in rocky material at an archeological / paleontological excavation. from:
. All caps in the book: GR GR K K GRK
to swallow greedily or rapidly in large amounts. e.g. "she gulps down a whole mug of coffee".
Hummingbirds are birds that comprise the family Trochilidae. They are among the smallest of birds. They can hover in mid-air and fly backwards, Their English name derives from the characteristic hum made by their rapid wing beats. more
sound of a woodpecker rapping with its beak on a tree Lucy Cousins children's book
sound of rapping, knocking, or explosive. in the media: Snap, Crackle, and Pop are the cartoon mascots of Kellogg's breakfast cereal Rice Krispies. They are named after the sound rice krispies make when they are dropped in a bowl of milk. Find more explosions.
to utter words in a rapid and confused manner
to strike, esp. with a quick, smart, or light blow
sharp rapping sound repeated, often a machine gun. also : rat-a-tat; bratat
1. rapid succession of short sharp sounds, 2. an instrument that makes a rattling noise
sound of a woodpecker rapping with his beak on a tree Plays of Edmond Rostand: The Eaglet
sound of a defibrillator (ref)
medical human electronic hit electric shock therapy heart attack
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)